Saturday, October 24, 2015

Mazal Tov!

This weekend I went to Judsens reading for his Bar Mitzvah.  Judsen is a very close friend of mine and I wanted to say Mazal Tov on here so everyone would know the great thing he has accomplished.  After he read I threw lots of candy at him, because it is a tradition. For people that don't know what a Bar Mitzvah is it is a ritual for a boy to become a man.  This ritual is performed at the age of 13, but when I was twelve I started practicing.  Some people may think it's a hassle because I thought the same at times too.  But after you finish your parents are proud and everyone is just shouting and crying of joy.  And I can't forget, the food.  Right after the reading there is a feast that feeds 200 or more people and all the close family members are there to watch you accomplish a once in a life time mitzvah.  Last but not least, (for sure not least) is the party.  A lot of people don't have huge parties, but when it comes to Persians they go all out and have 500 people.  It's crazy!  Half the people there are people that the Bar Mitzvah boy (or should I say man) doesn't even know.  But in the end you have lots of fun at a Bar Mitzvah, and I hope Judsen has a good time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment